Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Take Care of Yourself and The Rest Will Follow

I concluded that we are just what we think we are to ourselves. If I really believed in anything, the effect would follow whether I was thinking of it or not -- Phineas P. Quimby

I have found this to be very true these past few days. I've been working so hard at things within my family that I've been tired, but I've thought of nothing but good thoughts (as much as I could, anyway). It's made the work that much more pleasant, and I don't get that overwhelmed feeling that I'm so used to! I mentally reminded myself that what I was doing was important, good, and successful, and you can't help but actually feel that after awhile. The rewards follow!

It also helped when I came across some things that were said about me that were hurtful, mean, and wrong. I was hurt, but then I did some inner work and reminded myself that what is said is a reflection of the speaker and not me, and that none of what this person was putting out into the Universe was the Truth about me. It might be their Truth, but it served no purpose in my Truth at all. So, I was able to say a blessing for this misguided soul and move on from the sadness.

It's getting easier to have these positive thoughts automatically, but it still takes a lot of work. I find myself going over past talks from church (Suncoast Center For Spiritual Living), and every message hits a cord one way or another. As they always say, you're going to hear exactly what you're meant to hear every time you listen...

-- Jenn

No comments: