Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year 2009

Last night I was fortunate enough to participate in a Burning Bowl ceremony at my Church. If you aren't familiar with this type of ritual, the short version is this: You write down all the negative happening/feelings associated with the previous year and then you burn the piece of paper in a cauldron type of bowl.

One of the greatest quotes read last night was by, of course, founder Ernest Holmes. It was great for bringing in the New Year, so I wanted to repeat it here:

"Life is a blackboard upon which we consciously or unconsciously write those messages which govern us. We hold the chalk and the eraser in our hand but are ignorant of this fact. What we now experience we need not continue to experience, but the hand which holds the eraser must do its neutralizing work."

This was an amazing experience for me. I've never been one to even notice New Years Eve so attending something was strange enough, but then to experience such an inspiring ceremony was pretty awesome. I left there feeling rejuvenated, powerful, and totally in control. The feeling has managed to continue today, so I have great hope that this year is going to be my year!

For a more in-depth explanation of the Burning Bowl ceremony you can visit this site for more information. Remember, just because the first of the year is over it doesn't mean that you can't still have a burning bowl ceremony of your own.

No comments: