Monday, September 28, 2009

Unwind

I'm wondering if apathy really exists, or if repeating "I don't care" inside your head just reinforces the feeling that you actually do care? Science of the Mind teaches us that once you actually manifest a thought it begins to have motion, but I'm wondering if the form changes depending on the thought around the statement.

I know this sounds cryptic, but I've been having some trouble lately and decided to adopt an "I don't care" attitude about a lot of things. This all occurred due to feeling like I was boxed in to a few different things, and I figured that the "easy way out" might serve me well. It has for the most part, but at some times I get this almost overwhelming feeling of sadness that it about takes my breath away. If it's due to a response of something than I obviously do care, so am I spinning my wheels for nothing?

I'm also wondering (now) if having an "I don't care" attitude is really smart. If the Truth says that you are your beliefs, will it then stand to reason that I will become dead to feelings? That's pretty scary.

2 comments:

Sobia Nosheen Saleh said...

The "I dont care" attitude about the wrong things that u may come to know have been said about u, is fine. Like, sometimes, people try to belittle your ambitions and dreams. If u care about what they say, and get urself entangled in a debate with those people, trying to prove ur point. Then u waste time. Thats where the "I dont care" attitude works. But when it comes to "duty" then u cannot not care ! :) Good Luck!

Soul Searchers said...

Hmmm, interesting thought. The "I don't care" was more in response to how people were treating me, but I found it was just a way to protect myself because I was hurt.

So, is that "duty" or someone's thoughts about me manifested into action? I don't know.