Saturday, August 22, 2009

Crossroads

Sometimes it's hard to be a grownup. Harder still is the knowledge of what should be done for the right reasons vs. what you want to do for the wrong reason. But, even harder than that is when those thoughts (and the emotions involved with them) tangle together until it's almost impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.

I'm going through this right now. I'm trying to make sense of my relationships with people, and the excruciating part is trying to decipher what affects me and for what reason. I keep reminding myself to stay positive, to find the positive side of each situation that I find myself encountering, and most of all I try to keep the thought of "everything happens as it should" in the forefront of my mind. However, it's becoming harder and harder to do this when I find myself getting angry. I'm not sure if "angry" is even the correct word to use; I think frustrated is more accurate. I feel boxed in to a corner in some ways because by taking action to remove myself from a lot of the very situations that are causing me to feel this way I will be causing of a lot more 'stuff' than what I'm encountering now. In the long run it may be better for me, but I'm not sure if I want to travel the road that comes before resolution.

-- Jenn

No comments: