Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pass it On

It's amazing how refreshed a soul can feel after just 30 minutes of sitting in a room of like-minded people. It happens frequently, but for some reason I'm always surprised when I feel that comfort seeping its way back into my heart.

The interesting thing to me is how easy it is to adapt to what's around. I sometimes wonder if that's a good thing, because I am so susceptible to energy that I tend to take on emotions that aren't really my own. I find that negativity can find me easily (which isn't good, but I'm learning ways to protect myself), but I have also found that I can be lifted up just as easily by just a few moments with people who have a positive core as well.

I wonder if "newly" spiritual people find it as difficult as I do to devote time to what they know is good for them. For example, this weekend I went to a new Church which I have wanted to go to for a while now, but I just haven't had the pull inside me to make it there. I had a good time at the service, even if it was more of a metaphysical than a religious experience, and I left there feeling centered and ready to embrace the day. I know that it takes very little for me to feel comfort and peace in my heart, so why do I let weeks go by before I take a few minutes to nourish my spiritual side? I can pick up my Bible and read a passage, take my Science of the Mind textbook and read a chapter, browse online for uplifting messages, yet I don't. Why? I'm not sure, and I tend to explore this for a bit to see what I can come up with.

I like making people happy. I enjoy being there and offering support and love for the people in my life, and I find that when I spend time exploring the "other" part of me, I have just that much more to give. I've been told that I have amazing energy (a compliment that will never grow old, LOL!), and I would love to think that I can pass that on to others who I meet. So, I wonder if I look at it that way, if I might be able to find the time to spend on my inner self.

-- Jenn

1 comment:

Mel said...

Interesting.

I recently realized that all the "me time" that I was made fun of for needing/wanting is so important to me, I'm taking it back! I am going to make myself a priority again and I'm going back to writing every day... even on the days nothing special happened.

It is apparent that I am a better person, mother, wife, friend, employee, etc... when I am centered.