Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Exercise #1: Power of Positive Thinking

Take a moment and think about your thoughts. I know that sounds redundant, but hear me out! Most of us have one or two thoughts that are constant and are negative in nature. For instance: "I have no money," or "I'm lonely." These are thoughts that are unconscious most times but affect us.

Take that thought (or thoughts) and reverse them. Make them positive! Write them down if you wish. For example: If your thought is about having a lack of money, start thinking about yourself with money. Feel it. Believe it! Imagine what you'll get with the money you have. Not when you have it, but as if you have it already. Visualize your bank balance at what you wish it would be. Feel what it's like to get checks in the mail. Don't think of it as "I want to get out of debt" but rather "I have what I need and this is what I have."

A great tool for this is to create a "Visualization Board". Just like they discuss in The Secret, cut out pictures of things that you want to obtain. Write out affirmations that you want to live by. Put this board up where you'll be able to see it, and experience it. Live it! Feel the wind as you sail on your yacht. See yourself in that new car.

Try this for a week. That's the goal. Be as real as you can and truly believe.

See you in a week!

No comments: