Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Results

Well. I have to say that I am a bit surprised by what happened this week! I focused on money because, let's face it, we can always use more. The hardest part of this exercise (for me) was truly believing what I thought vs. just thinking it. Money has always been a tough subject for me because my family just squeaks by every month. We were a paycheck-to-paycheck family as it was, and just recently I lost my job, so we ended up down a paycheck. The problem with that is that the bills don't stop, right?

My thoughts for this week were: "I have money. Money is flowing to me continuously. The mail is bringing me checks in the amount of $500 or more every week."

The first interesting thing that occurred was my husband's paycheck! Why is this so out of the norm? Because lately he hasn't gotten paid... At all! We can go a month without seeing a check (he owns his own business and sometimes can't afford to pay himself), and this is the first time in four years that he got paid the following Friday! That makes a true weekly paycheck for the first time in 1,460.9688 days!

The second great event was my invitation to participate in a vendor fair. That's great for me; a chance to make some money!

Thirdly, I got the notice from unemployment that I have been approved. This is huge because I've been fighting with them since the beginning of September. The final number is good, and I have a lot of back weeks that will be deposited soon.

Fourth: Some stocks I had got bought out by the new owner of the company. I got the final number from my broker and that number in my bank account will be helpful for the holiday season.

The fifth thing is a bunch of little things. I got a few $50 checks from people who owed me money for one reason or another. It's helps a lot since I was wondering how I was going to pay the electric bill!

So, that's my update on the weeks exercise. Now it's time for Kim to check in!

--- Jenn

No comments: