Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 27th

Today's sermon was... different. Kim, my mom, and I left there kind of scratching our heads in wonderment, trying to make sense of the words we heard.

The discussion was about "Bones and Legos" and how multi-million dollar companies are spending $7,000 to have two-day workshops where they build 'abstract manifestations' of real working situations. That led to the story in the Bible about bones coming together to become human... and at first I didn't get it.

As I've mulled it over today I think I have an idea of what she was trying to communicate, at least in my own mind: It's sort of like in life when you have piles of things and you aren't sure how to create a final project/result. You look and think and make plans in your mind... but it's really your faith and belief that guides you toward a solution, just like having a pile of bones snap into place.

I wanted to give a brief update on my a/c situation as well: Turns out it was only a $250 fix. Not only that, we got a great quote on a new unit that will save us about 50% on our fuel bill. Not a bad result for someone who didn't even know how they were going to pay for it to get fixed!

No comments: