Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13th

I finally made it back to Church and I am starting to feel whole again. I had a few things I needed to make up my mind about and time is running short, so I decided now was the time to get back into the sort of "guided Spirituality" I so obviously needed.

I actually laughed out loud when Alan said, "This will be a discussion on Making Decisions"; I couldn't believe how obvious the Universe was being!

Alan started off by discussing how when you identify yourself with outer things such as your job, your political affiliation, etc., you are showing the 'small' part of yourself, the limited part of your being. In cases such as this we need to expand our ego (which, if you look the word up, truly means the identity you've created for yourself), to include our inner selves.

He also spoke about limits and how we are all guilty of arguing our limitations. "If only X hadn't happened to me, I could..." or, "I can't do X because of Y, Z..." We need to affirm the Greatest Good for ourselves every day! We need to believe and live the greatest good we can achieve for ourselves because, by allowing limits, we are denying the law of the Universe to work for us.

We also do this by allowing others to judge us, commended us... in essence limit us and who we are. We are connected at the core to everything and everyone, so we should never allow people's opinions of us to dictate our line of thinking. We know our goodness, know that there is a common good that we are all striving for, and we believe that everyone's heart and soul is attached to this goodness. People's negative thoughts and negative energies aren't the Truth!

So, all that being said, I have come to the conclusions that I'm happy with. I will not let the "I can't because..." and the "What if I'm wrong?" thoughts intrude upon my Truth!

No comments: