Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reminders

It's hard to view everything that happens in a positive way, and there are times I have a hard time responding to situations in a way that radiates love. Today was one of those testing moments, and I failed a bit.

There was a situation involving a child who was doing something inappropriate in the water play area of the place we're vacationing, and I was getting frustrated with the other parent because she was too busy on the phone to pay proper attention to her child. I let her son continue what he was doing until it involved my child, and then I had to take action. Unfortunately, I did not react from a place of love at that time but rather from a place of fear that her child was going to hurt mine and frustration because his mother was completely disinterested... until I got involved, however.

I guess my point is that I'm very aware that I didn't react the correct way, and I was reminded why it's important to consider the motivation behind our behaviors and reactions to situation. I was left with a bleak feeling and my stomach in knots after the event dissipated, and it served as concrete evidence as to why I need to take the time to center myself before responding to things that are upsetting.

-- Jenn

No comments: