Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Power of Now!

Last week while waiting for Sean to get out of surgery I finished up the book A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and it was perfect timing. It made me feel so relaxed and has given me new ways to deal with life, people and situations in general. I felt rejuvenated after reading that and like a new person with a new outlook on life. I felt like I found another part of "home" just like I did when I went to my church for the first time last year and just like I did after reading my other favorite book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn or also like I did after watching The Secret.

I eventually am going to reread this book and will go over it chapter by chapter right here on this blog. But that will have to wait because while reading A New Earth, it kept referencing another book he'd written before this one called The Power of Now. I just got this one in the mail today and I am so excited to get started reading it.

I recommend any of these books to everyone! But, you have to be in a certain place in your life; you have to be ready for them. If, while starting to read any of them you can't get into the
book(s) or think "this is all fluff and stuff" or anything along those lines, you're not ready. It doesn't mean you never will be, just that you're not at the place you need to be at this time of your life to begin this new "state of consciousness" where we leave our egos behind.

-Kim

No comments: