Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spiritual Reading

I'm reading a great magazine right now called "Light of Consciousness". I really enjoy it because it isn't based off of one religion but rather incorporates all sorts of religious thoughts and writings.

I came across a very interesting article called "Awakening to Our Own Light" by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee. To quote:

"Our Higher Self carries a light that belongs to God. When we are born, we carry a spark of this light into our human incarnation; it illuminates the experiences of our early childhood, showing us a world that is fully alive, full of magic and wonder. But slowly, as the adult world closes around us, the spark of our Higher Self gets covered over by the dust and debris of the world, of our conditioning, our desires, our concern with success and failure, our need to compete; it "fades into the common light of day." It might reappear briefly, as the light of conscience that tries to point us in the right direction or the spark of intuition that comes unbidden into our consciousness. But mostly it is hidden, forgotten like the wonder of the world we saw as children. We no longer see the world by the bright light of what is real; we see "through a glass darkly," through the shadowy, distorting light of the ego."

It goes on to discuss the rekindling of that spark, our reawakening, the journey we may take. It also the awareness of divine Oneness (being one with the Universe is my take on that), and responsibility global consciousness requires.

It's a great article. In fact, the whole magazine is fantastic! It's not all parallel to my line of thinking, but I like learning about other peoples' views so it's given me a lot to mull over. I've been reading is as part of my "Challege" this week from the Church and I'm glad I picked it up.

--Jenn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Soul Searchers, Greetings. You might like to visit www.workingwithoneness.org for more writing by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee!